That being said, I only promote authors, products, and services that I wholeheartedly stand by!
For my final cookbook preview recipe, I have a classic – sweet potato fries with a tasty garlic “mayo”. When I am looking for comfort food, nothing is better than the crunch of sweet potato fries paired with the garlic-y zest of a nice dipping sauce! You might want to make them when nobody else is around, because they have a tendency to disappear – even among non-AIP folk.
Stay tuned for a big announcement tomorrow morning. I bet you can guess what it is! I am beyond excited to share the product of so many months of hard work with all of you!
- For the "Mayo":
- 1⁄2 cup coconut concentrate, slightly warmed
- 1⁄2 cup warm filtered water
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- For the Fries:
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thick fries
- 4 tablespoons solid cooking fat, melted
- sea salt to taste
- To make the mayo, place the coconut concentrate, warm water, olive oil, garlic cloves and salt in a blender and blend on high for a minute or two, until the sauce thickens. Let cool for an hour at room temperature – alternately, you can place it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. If you would like to use the sauce in a cold dish, thin with water until the desired consistency is reached.
- To make the fries, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place the sweet potato fries into a large bowl and coat with the cooking fat and sea salt. Arrange on a series of baking sheets so that the fries have adequate space between them (this is how they come out crispy). Use 3-4 sheets if you need to! Add the sea salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, remove from the oven, flip, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, watching at the end so that they don’t burn.