That being said, I only promote authors, products, and services that I wholeheartedly stand by!
Since going on the Autoimmune Protocol, I have been continually searching for new vegetables to switch things up from the usual rotation. I happened to be in a grocery store I don’t shop at often, and was reminded of jicama, a vegetable I used to buy all the time. Here I use it to make a crunchy salad with a little added sweetness from a pear and a light dressing with hints of citrus and ginger. It makes a lovely snack or a nice addition to a larger meal.
- 1 lb jicama, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 small pears, sliced thinly
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple-cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- a few sprigs of mint and/or parsley
- Combine the jicama and pears in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, olive oil, cider vinegar, ginger powder, and sea salt together.
- Add to the jicama and pears and toss with the mint and parsley.